GRAND MASTER Tommy Chang
Grand Master Tommy Chang is a 7th Degree Taekwondo and 8th Degree Hapkido Master. He is the founder and manager of Black Belt World Canada and ReelStunts.
Since opening the original location, Black Belt World has become the top Martial Arts and Taekwondo Schools, not just in Ontario, but throughout Canada. Today, Black Belt World is one of the most well-known and respected Taekwondo and Martial Arts organizations in Canada.
Today, the original school location in Downtown Toronto is the headquarters for Black Belt World Canada, which also serves as the official ReelStunts training facility. The school has trained stunt men and women and actors in the film and television industries, as well as individuals, instructors, masters, Olympic coaches and athletes, and other martial arts school owners.
Over the years, countless people throughout the United States and Canada have been trained by Black Belt World Canada and ReelStunts. As a result, they have been better enabled and enhanced to become respected and powerful leaders in society, their local communities, and in their careers, due to the direction, leadership, and efforts of Grand Master Chang.
ReelStunts Stunt Training, Taekwondo and Martial Arts Programs
Our training programs are designed to familiarize and introduce students to a wide variety of some of the most commonly used stunt techniques and skills used in the industry. In addition, we offer specialized and advanced stunt training, skills, and scenarios, which may be encountered throughout a career in the stunt industry.
Professional stunt people enjoy a rewarding and exciting career. However, it requires the individual to be truly dedicated to their development and training. Becoming a professional in the stunt industry can take several years of ongoing skill and training development and networking in order to achieve the success you desire. Throughout your journey, ReelStunts is here to help train, teach, and guide you.
Our Stunt Training Programs consist of parkour, martial arts, gymnastics, and other specific skills and education, which are highlighted in further detail below. ReelStunts believes every stunt person should be given the training, education, and skills needed to develop a strong foundation, in order to better prepare them for a wide variety of possible career situations they might find themselves in, while allowing them the opportunity to easily adapt to an array of situations, even those that are new.
ReelStunts Exciting Stunt Classes Inspire New and Current Stunt Performers.
New stunt classes are offered on a regular basis and are frequently held on Saturdays from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. The cost for our stunt classes is $599 + HST for eight, two-hour class sessions or $80 + HST per class. Feel free to email email@example.com for registration details and the current class schedule.
All of ReelStunts Stunt Training Programs are conducted on a one-on-one basis between ReelStunts’ Elite Member Master Shin Wook Lim and Fight Master Tommy Chang and the student. More information about our Stunt Training Programs is provided below.
Black Belt World Headquarters
883 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6G 1M4
To learn more about ReelStunts Stunt Training Programs, feel free to contact us at 416-533-1212 today.
ReelStunts Stunt Topics and Skills Training
- Basic Falls – Back, Front, and Side
- High Falls – Back Entry, Front Entry, Air Bags, Boxes, Hitting Objects on the Way Down
- Advanced Falls – Gainers, Home Alones, Spins, Back Half, Hong Kong Twists
- Self Defense Techniques and Skills
- Martial Arts – Kicks, Weapons, Stances, and Punches
- Trampoline Work
- Wirework – Safety, Wraps, and Harness
- Parkour and Acrobatics
- Firearms Safety
- Gun Shot Reactions to Machine Guns, Pistols, and Shotguns – Head Hits, Body Hits, Leg Hits
- Squibs – Remote Detonate, Self-Detonate and Types
- Fight Reactions – Body Hits, Leg Hits, Head Hits
- Guns and Knives – Disarms and Use
- Fight Choreography – Creating Choreogrpahy on the Spot, Multiple Targets, Fighting for the Camera
- The Camera – How Cameras Work, Cinematography Basics, and How Cameras Read Action
- Stunt Car Driving – ND Driving, Concepts, Manual vs. Auto, Wet vs. Dry, 4WD vs. Front vs. Rear Wheel Drivev
- Accelerators and Decelerators
- Operating Special Vehicles – Two Motors, Scissor Lifts, Golf Carts, Fork Lifts, etc.
- Ratchets – Pneumatic vs. Hand Pulls
- Air Rams
- Fire Burns – How They Work and What to Expect
- Set Safety
- Stunt Acting – Different Scenarios
- Stunt Coordinators – How to Work with Them and Who They Are
- Working with Actors
- Pay Structure and Residuals